Please send all feedback here. Bug reports, bug fixes, suggestions and contributions are all welcome.
- tapestry-security or JAAS Security?
Bugs To Fix
- In IE and FF, tabbing out of Start Date to Cancel doesn't trigger CustomError validation.
- In IE, tabbing out of Select component does not trigger CustomError validation except in "With Layout" and "Components CRUD" examples.
- In IE7, error messages are misaligned to the left and are missing the dot-point decoration.
- Modify CustomForm to support autofocus.
Bugs That Won't Be Fixed
v7.0.4 (16 May 18)
- Renamed category "Input and Events" to "Input".
v7.0.3 (16 May 18)
- Rearranged index page into categories (Input; Output and Events; etc).
v7.0.2 (16 May 18)
- Rearranged index page so that AJAX examples sit nest to their non-AJAX counterparts.
v7.0.1 (2 May 18)
- Totally reworked all examples to work with Tapestry 5.4.n, Bootstrap, Less, RequireJS, etc., and adapted to WildFly 11.
v7.0 Preview (Updated throughout 2015-17)
- Totally reworked all examples to work with Tapestry 5.4.n, Bootstrap, Less, RequireJS, etc.
v6.11.4 (?? Oct 16)
- Changed its context root from jumpstart to jumpstart6 so that JumpStart 7.0 Preview can occupy jumpstart.
v6.11.3 (21 Jul 16)
- Links to tapestry5-jquery updated.
v6.11.2 (19 Jul 16)
- Fixed broken example More Control Edit (Using BeanEditor).
v6.11.1 (20 Nov 15)
- Links to Tynamo updated.
v6.11.0 (25 Oct 15)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.3.7 to 5.3.8.
- Uses Jetty 6.1.24 instead of 6.1.26 (which appears to have been withdrawn).
v6.10.5 (08 Jun 14)
- Fixed broken links.
v6.10.4 (03 Jan 14)
- Added link to JumpStart 7 Preview.
- Improved MoneyTranslator.
v6.10.3 (11 Aug 13)
- Added "Activation Request Parameters" example.
- Improved wording of the examples down to Forms, inclusive.
v6.10.2 (08 Aug 13)
- Improved sequence and wording of the first few examples.
v6.10.1 (08 Aug 13)
- Fixed the Protecting Pages example: PageProtectionFilter had 3 anomalies when the session had timed out:
- The page link it gave to the Login page to remember was missing any activation request parameters (AKA query parameters).
- The page link it gave to the Login page to remember could be incorrect if the request was a component event request.
- The response it gave to an AJAX request was supposed to force a page reload, but it did nothing.
v6.10.0 (03 Aug 13)
- Simplified explanations of early examples.
- Moved examples of input, core components and HTML5 components earlier.
Restored to v6.9.0, then re-upgraded to v6.9.1 (05 Jun 13)
- With apologies to anyone affected, when JumpStart jumped to new hardware today it was restored from a v6.9.0 backup. It has now been re-upgraded to v6.9.1.
v6.9.1 (02 Jun 13)
- Replaced all links to 5.3.7 API docs with 5.3 because the 5.3 docs will remain online after the next T5 release, whereas the 5.3.7 docs will probably disappear.
v6.9.0 (02 Jun 13)
- Upgraded from Java 6 to 7 (Java 6 was EOL'd in February).
- Improved JodaTimeOutput component by adding a third way to specify date format: a pattern string.
- Added Delegate to Renderable example.
- Added tapestry-beanvalidator and hibernate-validator to allow JSR-303 Bean Validation. Will use in future examples.
v6.8.0 (05 May 13)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.3.6 to 5.3.7.
- Fixed: Removed lib-runtime jars from the Eclipse project's build path.
v6.7.1 (05 Mar 13)
- Improved MoneyTranslator example with better validation and locale sensitivity.
v6.7.0 (02 Mar 13)
- Added MoneyTranslator to "Contributing Translators" example (thank you George).
- Added input image to "Styling Links and Submits" example.
- Improved editable Grid and Loop examples by highlighting the field in error detected by server-side validation.
- Improved localization in "Contributing Translators" example.
- Improved source code display by replacing tabs, which browsers displayed as 8-character tab stops, with 1-4 spaces.
v6.6.5 (05 Feb 13)
- Fixed fresh-project: DateStuffTest should not have been in it; Confirm mixin should have been in it.
v6.6.4 (04 Feb 13)
- Tweaked the "AJAX Filtered Grid" example.
- Improved the "Putting it all together" examples: more use of @ActivationRequestParameter; less use of @Persist; added paged data sources.
v6.6.3 (30 Jan 13)
- Fixed "AJAX Filtered Grid" example: the filter didn't work in Firefox.
v6.6.2 (29 Jan 13)
- Added "AJAX Filtered Grid" example.
- Renamed several mixins for greater consistency.
- Minor tweaks.
v6.6.1 (24 Jan 13)
- Added "AJAX Select More" and "AJAX Select Dependency" examples.
v6.6.0 (22 Jan 13)
- Paid more attention to explaining activate and passivate in the early examples.
v6.5.5 (19 Jan 13)
- Fixed packaging of the download: tools/lib/ was not empty as it should be. From 6.5.0 to 6.5.4 it has carried corrupted versions of hsqldb & sqltool jars.
- Fixed build: reverted from hsqldb & sqltool 2.2.9 to 2.2.8, to match OpenEJB's hsqldb version.
- Tweaked explanations in the Translator and Validator examples.
v6.5.4 (17 Jan 13)
- Fixed issue affecting populating the database on all platforms since 6.5.0: required changes to installation notes (thanks Martin).
- Fixed issue affecting populating the database in Windows XP and maybe others: upgraded hsqldb & sqltool jars from 2.2.8 to 2.2.9.
v6.5.3 (16 Jan 13)
- Finished rolling out use of t:zone="^" wherever possible.
- Tweaked the component CRUD examples field names to improve readability.
- Fixed a bug affecting Example App's Edit screens: the error "...has already been deleted by another user" was never shown (thanks Vladimir).
- Fixed a bug affecting Ajax Forms in a Loop (with DEH): if Edit clicked on a person who has been deleted by another user then an exception would be thrown (thanks Vladimir).
- Fixed a bug affecting AJAX CRUD examples: if Update screen showed error "...has already been deleted by another user" then clicking Cancel would throw an exception.
v6.5.2 (14 Jan 13)
- Changed "No Validation Bubbles" example to single page.
- Removed obsolete source.
v6.5.1 (13 Jan 13)
- Added "HTML5 Input Types" example.
- Added "Primitives Translators" and "Augmenting Translators" examples.
- Renamed "Creating Translators" to "Contributing Translators" and "Creating Validators" to "Contributing Validators".
- Changed all the Translator, Validator, and Core Input Components examples to stay on same page.
v6.5.0 (08 Jan 13)
- Simpler data_util.xml and business/build.xml.
- Tweaks to some explanations and code.
v6.4.0 (30 Dec 12)
- Fixed corrupted binary files (*.png, *.gif, *.zargo, etc.) in the distribution (thanks Jon).
- Added "Bootstrap Styling" example.
- Added "AJAX Loading Spinner" example.
- Fixed problem preventing display of "Grid With Delete Column (2)".
- Renamed "EJB3" example to "@EJB".
- Upgraded from tapestry5-jquery 3.3.3 to 3.3.4.
- Upgraded from joda-time 2.0 to 2.1.
- Upgraded from junit 4.8.2 to 4.11.
- Upgraded from hibernate 4.1.3 to 4.1.9.
- Upgraded from openejb 4.5.0 to 4.5.1.
- Upgraded from tomee 1.5.0 to 1.5.1.
v6.3.9 (16 Dec 12)
- Added "Grid Data Sources" example.
- Renamed "Grid Model" example to "Grid BeanModel".
- Renamed table DateStuff to DatesExample, and Category to Classification.
- Split PersonService into PersonFinderService and PersonManagerService to improve manageability.
- Moved Person, DateStuff, and Dewey elements into separate packages to tidy up the business tier.
v6.3.8 (28 Nov 12)
- Renamed "Conditioning Blocks" to "If, Not, Negate, Switch, Else, Unless" to make it more noticeable.
- Improved several pages with minor tweaks.
v6.3.7 (26 Nov 12)
- Added "Mixins" and "Creating Mixins" examples.
- Improved "What is Called and When" page: added information about page lifecycle and thread safety.
- Improved "Localisation..." examples by using LocalizationSetter instead of PersistentLocale directly.
- Fixed IE7 issue in "Tree From Database, With Zones" example: the zones were fading to white.
- Improved various pages by adding more links and source displays.
v6.3.6 (17 Nov 12)
- Added "Conditioning Blocks" page.
- Improved "Services" page.
- Improved "Type Coercers" example: added example of TypeCoercer#explain(Class, Class).
- Improved CustomForm class: added getClientId().
v6.3.5 (05 Nov 12)
- Added "Services" page.
- Improved "Submits" example: added button with mode="CANCEL".
- Improved "Index" page: re-grouped.
- Improved "Example App", "Protecting Pages" examples: more source code links.
- Improved "Loop" example: more reference links.
v6.3.4 (27 Oct 12)
- Added "Zone With Background Color" example.
- Improved Zone examples cosmetically to reduce distractions.
- Improved the comments in the "Sub-Form Validation" and "Sub-Form As a Field" examples.
v6.3.3 (24 Oct 12)
- Fixed "Create a Fresh Project" example: its buttons and file upload not working due to incomplete AppModule.
- Fixed all pages that have links to Tapestry 5.3.4 API by replacing them with 5.3.6.
- Fixed "File Upload" example: the source code link to fileload.css didn't work.
- Fixed a minor styling issue.
v6.3.2 (22 Oct 12)
- Fixed "Create a Fresh Project" facility (see the Tips page). It had stopped working.
- Fixed "AJAX: What is Called and When" example: page font color was too light to read easily.
- Fixed references to "JQuery", by replacing them with "jQuery".
- Fixed "jQuery" example: it mentions jQuery 1.7.1, which should be 1.7.2.
v6.3.1 (21 Oct 12)
- Improved Index page: re-grouped the examples on it.
v6.3.0 (21 Oct 12)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.3.4 to 5.3.6.
- Upgraded from tapestry5-jquery 3.3.0 to 3.3.3.
- Improved "Index", "Login", and "Styled Grid" examples: re-styled them.
- Fixed an issue which caused warnings in Eclipse Juno: Removed @SuppressWarnings("unused") from annotated private fields and members (see Bug 365437).
JumpStart skipped Tapestry 5.3.5
- Did not upgrade to Tapestry 5.3.5 because a bug in it affects most of JumpStart's Zone examples. See TAP5-1989.
v6.2.7 (23 Sep 12)
- Fixed an issue affecting IE 7: page heading size is abnormally large and the top few pixels of the headings are missing.
v6.2.6 (17 Sep 12)
- Improved most pages: Appearance improved with re-styling and greater use of stylesheets.
v6.2.5 (02 Sep 12)
- Fixed "AJAX Form Loop" example: it would not display - threw exception about "BAD_NAME".
- Fixed many pages: typos.
v6.2.4 (26 Aug 12)
- Added "jQuery DataTables" example.
v6.2.3 (25 Aug 12)
- Improved PageDenied and AccessDenied pages: use Response service instead of RequestGlobals service.
v6.2.2 (05 Aug 12)
- Improved: Removed unintended artifacts.
v6.2.1 (05 Aug 12)
- Improved many examples: tweaked appearance and explanations.
v6.2.0 (28 Jul 12)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.3.3 to 5.3.4.
- Upgraded from tapestry5-jquery 3.2.0 to 3.3.0.
v6.1.11 (24 Jul 12)
- Fixed "Ajax Forms in a Loop" and "Ajax Forms in a Loop (With DEH)" examples: did not ignore server-side validation errors when submit mode = "cancel".
v6.1.10 (03 Jul 12)
- Improved "Index" page: re-balanced appearance.
v6.1.9 (02 Jul 12)
- Fixed "Ajax Forms in a Loop" and "Ajax Forms in a Loop (With DEH)" examples: have cross-browser layout issues.
v6.1.8 (01 Jul 12)
- Fixed "Ajax Periodic Update" example: fails to run in case-sensitive OS.
v6.1.7 (01 Jul 12)
- Fixed new examples: should not display region enums unformatted.
v6.1.6 (01 Jul 12)
- Added "Ajax Forms in a Loop" and "Ajax Forms in a Loop (With DEH)" examples.
- Improved "Zone in a Loop": renamed it to "Ajax EventLinks in a Loop".
v6.1.5 (21 Jun 12)
- Added "Zone in a Loop" example.
v6.1.4 (21 Jun 12)
- Upgraded from using callbacks to using AjaxResponseRenderer ()which was introduced in Tapestry 5.3 ?)
- Improved examples that fire events: some were not stopping the original event from bubbling up.
v6.1.3 (11 Jun 12)
- Fixed: Removed classes NotNullableException and NotNullableExceptionTest. They aren't necessary because the situation they handled is not recoverable at runtime.
v5.10.1 (11 Jun 12)
- Fixed the instructions for using JumpStart 5.4 to 5.10 with other servers.
- Fixed MySQL support with other servers. Revised instructions JumpStart 5.0 to 5.9 to direct developers to 5.10.
- Fixed Removed classes NotNullableException and NotNullableExceptionTest. They aren't necessary because the situation they handled is not recoverable at runtime.
v6.1.2 (04 Jun 12)
- Reintroduced support for MySQL. It was removed starting with 6.0.0 until the instructions could be verified against OpenEJB 4, JBoss 7, Tomcat 7, and Glassfish 3.
- Removed support for the exploder. It has not been tested since 6.0.0 and there is no plan to do so.
v6.1.1 (27 May 12)
- Added "Type Coercers" example.
- Added "Property Editors" example.
v6.1.0 (22 May 12)
- Improved classpaths used in Ant code and instructions: made simpler.
v5.10.0 (22 May 12)
- Fixed DateStuff and CategoryNode classes: they were not Serializable.
- Improved classpaths used in Ant code and instructions: made simpler, to match v6.1.0.
v6.0.2 (19 May 12)
- Fixed "jQuery" example: source link to AppModule didn't work.
v6.0.1 (19 May 12)
- Fixed database: initial HSQLDB files were missing.
v6.0.0 (19 May 12)
- Upgraded from OpenEJB 3.1.4 to 4.0.0.
- Upgraded from Tomcat 6.0 to 7.0.
- Upgraded from JBoss 6.1.0 to 7.1.1.
- Upgraded from Glassfish 2.1.1 to 3.1.2.
- Upgraded from Java EE 5 to 6 (includes JPA 2.0 and EJB 3.1).
- Upgraded from Hibernate 3.3 to 4.1.
v5.9.2 (09 May 12)
v5.9.1 (08 May 12)
- Fixed: Missing source of AppModule in JQuery example (thanks Chris).
v5.9.0 (06 May 12)
- Added "File Upload" example.
- Added "JQuery" example.
v5.8.0 (27 Apr 12)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.3.2 to 5.3.3.
v5.7.4 (26 Apr 12)
- Fixed: OnePageCRUD and FilterCRUD examples weren't highlighting the person selected for update.
v5.7.3 (25 Apr 12)
- Improved: Removed public access from all event handler methods in accordance with the advice given in the "onActivate And onPassivate" example.
v5.7.2 (25 Apr 12)
- Added "Alerts" example.
- Added "Tree From Database, With Zones" example (with thanks to contributors George Christman and Lance Java).
v5.7.1 (15 Apr 12)
- Improved: Minor tweaks to the code.
v5.7.0 (15 Apr 12)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.3.1 to 5.3.2.
- Fixed: AjaxFormLoop examples now handle server-side failure correctly, and handle TAP5-1896.
- Improved: AjaxFormLoop examples no longer use session persistence.
- Improved: Optimistic lock handling revisited - updated every example that edits an entity. Previously, it was possible in many examples to push past an error message about optimistic locking just by submitting the form again.
- Improved: Modified all "change" session bean methods to handle the vagaries of EntityManage#merge(): Previously, if an entity you were changing had been deleted by others then the merge() would add it again (with a new id). This is now detected and an exception thrown.
- Improved: In components, replaced t:container with t:content throughout to improve previewability of components.
- Improved: Replaced StringBuffer with StringBuilder throughout since Tapestry and EJBs are both thread-safe.
v5.6.2 (05 Jan 12)
- Upgraded from ChenilleKit 1.3.3-SNAPSHOT to 1.3.3.
v5.6.1 (02 Jan 12)
- Improved: Tweaks to explanations and comments.
v5.6.0 (29 Dec 11)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.2.6 to 5.3.1.
- Upgraded from ChenilleKit 1.3.2 to 1.3.3-SNAPSHOT (for compatibility with Tapestry 5.3.1).
- Added "Kaptcha" example.
- Added "Tree Browse" example.
- Added Checklist to the "Core Input Components" example.
- New: Replaced MultiZoneUpdate with AjaxResponseRenderer throughout.
v5.5.1 (26 Dec 11)
- Fixed: Small fixes to ZoneUpdater.java and StylingLinksAndSubmits1.tml.
- Improved: Small tweaks to several other examples.
v5.5.0 (12 Nov 11)
- Improved: Tweaks to "What is Called and When" and "AJAX: What is Called and When".
- Improved: Uses full JavaEE API, 5.0.3. Was using 5.0-3 which is missing javax.mail.
- Improved: Uses latest Joda Time, 2.0. Was 1.6.2.
v5.4.23 (23 Oct 11)
- Improved: Small tweaks to some descriptions and comments.
- Improved: Added informal parameter support to CustomForm.
v5.4.22 (19 Oct 11)
- Modified: Replaced BeanEditForm with Form in "Sharing Across Multiple Pages" because this example now appears before BeanEditForm is introduced.
- Fixed: Several typos.
v5.4.21 (17 Oct 11)
- Fixed: The "Grid with Delete Column" and "Loop with Delete Column" examples can't do optimistic locking because toValue(...) is not returning a person and it builds up a list of personIds, not persons.
v5.4.20 (16 Oct 11)
- Improved: Rearranged the Index page and renamed a few examples.
v5.4.19 (16 Oct 11)
- Improved: Reworked "Editable Grid", "Grid with Delete Column", "Editable Loop", "Loop with Delete Column" to use encoder better and removed @Persist.
- Deleted: Deleted "Editable Grid with Encoder" and "Editable Loop with Encoder" as they are now redundant.
- Improved: Reworked "AjaxFormLoop" and "AjaxFormLoop Tailored" to use encoder better and avoid @Persist where possible.
v5.4.18 (09 Oct 11)
- Improved: In all examples that use AJAX, don't return a zone if request is not an AJAX request. This prevents exceptions and might avoid memory leaks.
- Improved: Better handling of paging in the "AJAX CRUD" examples.
- Improved: QueryBuilder now handles null query parameter.
v5.4.17 (03 Oct 11)
- Improved: Watered down the warning in the 3 "Component CRUD" examples. Upon reflection I think it was incorrect.
v5.4.16 (25 Sep 11)
- Added "MarkupWriter" example.
- Improved: More explanation in "What is Called and When".
v5.4.15 (24 Sep 11)
- Fixed: The Welcome page, and all other app pages that do not select a tab and subtab, failed with NPE.
- Added "Wrapping Tapestry Components" example.
- Improved: Minor tweaks to code and comments.
v5.4.14 (21 Sep 11)
- Improved: Tweaks to explanations, references, and sequence of examples.
v5.4.13 (18 Sep 11)
- Improved: Reworked all examples referring to page render requests and component event requests. Added "Input" page.
v5.4.12 (14 Sep 11)
- Improved: Added a few more reference links.
v5.4.11 (14 Sep 11)
- Improved: Tidied up the declaration of default values in component parameters.
- Fixed: Corrections and tweaks to the text of the "Joda Time" example.
v5.4.10 (13 Sep 11)
- Improved: Small improvement to readability of ZoneUpdater.
v5.4.9 (13 Sep 11)
- Fixed: Minor bugfixes.
v5.4.8 (12 Sep 11)
- Improved: PageProtectionFilter made clearer to read.
- Fixed: Creating a fresh project was broken (again, sorry).
v5.4.7 (12 Sep 11)
- New: Support and use @EJB annotation.
- New: Works with GlassFish 2.1.1.
- Improved: PageProtectionFilter tells Login page which page you were trying to reach.
- Fixed: Creating a fresh project was missing the model classes.
v5.4.6 (01 Sep 11)
- Improved: Limit "AJAX Periodic Update" examples to 4 auto-updates.
- Improved: Various small tweaks.
v5.4.5 (28 Aug 11)
- Added "Sub-Form" examples. Removed the "Parameters Are Two Way" example.
- Improved: Added "publishParameters" to the "Combining Components" example.
- Improved: Now using VALIDATE event from Form instead of VALIDATE_FORM event (deprecated in 5.2).
v5.4.4 (26 Aug 11)
- Added "Parameters Are Two Way" example.
- Improved: Various tweaks to improve readability of code.
v5.4.3 (24 Aug 11)
- Added "Component Around Content" example.
- Improved: Reworked all "Components" and "Layout" examples.
- Improved: Reworked many explanations and improved the css of the "Output" examples.
v5.4.2 (22 Aug 11)
- Fixed: Typo in ProgressiveDisplay Variations example.
v5.4.1 (22 Aug 11)
- Improved: Uses the latest JBoss, 6.1.0. Continues to support JBoss 6.0.0 and 5.0.1.
v5.4.0 (22 Aug 11)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 5.2.5 to 5.2.6.
- Fixed: CustomForm did not support most of Form's parameters. Now only autofocus is not supported - it's always "false".
- Improved: Better css for many examples, especially the CRUD, Grid, and Loop examples. Better handling of IE and Firefox irregularities.
- Improved: Rebalanced the layout of the Index page.
v5.3.15 (06 Aug 11)
- Improved: Updated "Easy Object Select", "Total Control Object Select", and "Easy Id Select" examples to use SelectModelFactory and ValueEncoder where possible. Added "Id Select" example. Removed GenericSelectModel and IdSelectModel as they're now redundant.
v5.3.14 (31 Jul 11)
- Improved: Clearer "Event Bubbling" example.
- Improved: Some irritating typos.
v5.3.13 (31 Jul 11)
- Improved: Revised examples of EventLinks and ActionLinks. Replaced most ActionLinks with EventLinks.
- Improved: Rebalanced the layout of the Index page.
v5.3.12 (28 Jul 11)
- Added "AJAX Periodic Update" examples.
v5.3.11 (27 Jul 11)
- Added "Delegate and Blocks" examples.
v5.3.10 (26 Jul 11)
- Added "ProgressiveDisplay" examples.
v5.3.9 (24 Jul 11)
- Added "AJAX: What is Called and When" example.
- Fixed: Typos (thanks SigbjÃ¸rn).
v5.3.8 (22 Jun 11)
- Fixed: Creating fresh project (http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart5.3/tips.html#CREATING_PROJECT) wasn't quite right so wouldn't build.
v5.3.7 (21 Jun 11)
- Improved: Removed leading underscore from all instance variable names.
v5.3.6 (20 Jun 11)
- Added "Scriptaculous" example.
v5.3.5 (20 Jun 11)
- Fixed: Minor fixes.
v5.3.4 (19 Jun 11)
v5.3.3 (18 Jun 11)
v5.3.2 (17 Jun 11)
- Added "Web Services" examples.
- Improved: Cosmetic changes to examples home page.
v5.3.1 (15 Jun 11)
- Fixed: AtComponent page now displays.
v5.3.0 (14 Jun 11)
- Improved: Reworked the previews. They all have new URLs.
- Fixed: Edit (Using Bean Edit Form) example has a workaround for TAP-1527.
v5.2.2 (9 May 11)
- Fix: Gave wrong name to tapestry5-annotations-5.2.5.jar.
v5.2.1 (9 May 11)
- Improved: Use latest JPA 1.0 Hibernate, 3.3.2. Was 3.3.1.
(Cannot use later Hibernate until OpenEJB is JPA 2.0-compatible - see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1236.
- Improved: Uses latest versions of junit, log4j, joda-time.
- Fix: Updated classpath in business layer MANIFEST.MF.
- Fix: data_util.xml was in the wrong place and jboss-vfs was accidentally included.
v5.2.0 (7 May 11)
- Improved: Uses the latest JBoss, 6.0.0. Continues to support JBoss 5.0.1.
- Improved: Better names for some Ant build targets.
v5.1.0 (4 May 11)
- Improved: Uses latest OpenEJB, 3.1.4. Was 3.1.2.
- Improved: Uses latest Jetty, 6.1.26. Was 6.1.24.
- Improved: Uses latest Tomcat, 6.0.32. Was 6.0.20. Continues to support 5.5.27.
v5.0.0 (3 May 11)
- Upgraded from Tapestry 126.96.36.199 to 5.2.5.
With many thanks to Francois Facon for his assistance at https://github.com/frafac-JumpStart/jumpstart-188.8.131.52.
v4.12.2 (5 Aug 10)
- Improved: Using MySQL in development.
v4.12.1 (31 Jul 10)
- Fixed: When confirming delete in the Ajax Filter Crud example, clicking cancel resulted in a submit, not a cancel.
- Improved: General code and comment improvements to the CRUD examples that involve components.
- Improved: General code and comment improvements to ReturnTypes1 and RunJetty.
v4.12.0 (26 Jun 10)
- Added "AJAX Validators" example.
- Improved: Explicit use of the GridPager in the CRUD examples so that the range parameter can be set (thanks Petros).
v4.11.1 (22 Jun 10)
- Fixed: Creating a fresh project failed to use your package name in some classes, would not run correctly in JBoss because LogIn.tml should be Login.tml, and integration test was failing while waiting for the site to start running.
v4.11.0 (16 Jun 10)
- Added "No Validation Bubbles" example.
- Improved: Added client-side validator to the Creating Validators example.
v4.10.0 (05 Jun 10)
- Improved: Now running Jetty with a program call instead of using the Run-Jetty-Run plug-in. The new way is just as easy to use and so much more flexible.
- Improved: Now using Jetty 6.1.24, whereas Run-Jetty-Run had us locked in to Jetty 6.1.6.
- Improved: Simplified code and explanations.
- Fixed: Creating a fresh project produced a couple of odd classes.
v4.9.0 (24 May 10)
- Added "Layout with Menu" example.
- New: Added an enum called region to Person to demonstrate Tapestry's great handling of enums.
- Improved: Upgraded ZoneUpdater to Inge Solvoll's more recent version.
- Improved: Made components previewable by replacing t:container with html tag and adding t:content.
- Improved: Replaced "tapestry_5_0_0.xsd" with "tapestry_5_1_0.xsd" throughout.
- Fixed: The person filter in the AJAX CRUD examples sometimes stopped responding.
- Fixed: The highlight in the list in the AJAX CRUD examples sometimes stopped. It's still a problem when the GridPager has inplace="true". See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1162.
- Fixed: Simpler, more robust handling of bi-directional relationships with a pattern from http://blog.xebia.com/2009/03/16/jpa-implementation-patterns-bidirectional-assocations/. The previous technique sometimes tripped up on hibernate proxies.
v4.8.0 (17 May 10)
- Added Components CRUD example.
- Added AJAX Filter CRUD example.
- Added AJAX Components CRUD example.
- Added AJAX Graceful CRUD example.
v4.7.2 (09 May 10)
- Improved: the update functions in the CRUD examples displayed unhelpful error messages when OpenEJB was used. Needed explicit flush.
v4.7.1 (08 May 10)
- Fixed: EJB3 example had wrong path for source code of JNDIServicesLocator.
- Fixed: initial_data.sql was out of line with hsqldb.script.
v4.7.0 (06 May 10)
- New: One Page CRUD example.
- New: One Page CRUD With Filter example.
- Fixed: Creating a fresh project was failing due to references in AppModule to old class ProtectedPageGateKeeper.
v4.6.3 (20 Apr 10)
v4.6.1, v4.6.2 (16 Apr 10)
- Improved: Minor corrections.
v4.6.0 (15 Apr 10)
- New: Easy CRUD example.
- New: Total Control CRUD example.
- New: Protecting Pages example (ProtectedPageGateKeeper has become PageProtectionFilter).
- New: Protecting Assets example.
v4.5.3 (11 Apr 10)
- Improved: Lots of tweaks to the implementation.
- Improved: Upgraded to support MySQL 5.
- Dropped: Wizard Using Components dropped because it seemed clumsy with the new implementation of Conversations.
v4.5.2 (4 Sep 09)
- Improved: Moved all data setup code out of the onActivate methods and into setupRender() and/or onPrepare() as appropriate. Updated the text of the examples accordingly. Functionality has not changed.
- Improved: Better default log4j settings for testing with Jetty.
v4.5.1 (1 Sep 09)
- Fixed: Removed redundant debugging output.
v4.5.0 (1 Sep 09)
- New: More AJAX examples.
- Add "Loop with Delete Column" example".
- Improved: Revised the wording of several Getting Started examples.
- Improved: Rearranged the grouping of the Getting Started examples.
v4.4.3 (24 Aug 09)
- Fixed: Stopped putting java source into WEB-INF/classes/. The cause was the Ant scripts excluding **.java instead of **/*.java.
v4.4.2 (5 Aug 09)
- Fixed: Added notes to AjaxFormLoop and AjaxFormLoopTailored pages about issues with "Add a row".
v4.4.1 (4 Aug 09)
- Fixed: Removed openejb user lib from project classpath.
v4.4.0 (4 Aug 09)
- Upgraded to use OpenEJB 3.1.1.
- New: By default generates a WAR in "collapsed EAR" format. Exploded EAR is still available.
- Improved: Simpler project structure.
v4.3.1 (26 Jul 09)
- Fixed: Reference links are now to tapestry5.1 documentation instead of tapestry5 documentation.
v4.3.0 (15 Jul 09)
- Upgraded to use Tapestry 184.108.40.206.
- Upgraded to use Java 1.6.
- Upgraded to be deployable to JBoss 5.0.1.
- Improved: Revamped instructions for all servers: Jetty, Glassfish, Tomcat, JBoss.
v4.2.1 (18 Feb 09)
- New: Link for suggestions to Tapestry 5 Caffe.
v4.2.0 (8 Feb 09)
- New: Deploy to Tomcat. Previously deployed to JBoss and Glassfish only.
v4.1.0 (30 Jan 09)
- New: Deploy to Glassfish. Previously deployed to JBoss only.
- Improved: Made it simpler to add new deployment server types.
v4.0.0 (18 Jan 09)
- New: Jetty has replaced JBoss for web serving during development.
- New: Embedded OpenEJB has replaced JBoss for business tier serving during development.
- New: Chenillekit has replaced its predecessor t5-components.
- New: SLF4J has replaced commons-logging throughout.
- New: JUnit 4 and its annotations have replaced JUnit 3.
- New: BusinessServicesLocator now understands OpenEJB and JBoss JNDI naming.
- Improved: Integration tests and unit tests are now separated in Ant, more in line with Maven's build lifecycle.
- Improved: Cleaned up the classpaths. No references to JBoss any more, just pure JavaEE.
v3.20.1 (16 Dec 08)
- Upgraded to use tapestry5-components 5.0.18 (http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-components/).
v3.20.0 (13 Dec 08)
- Upgraded to use the newly released Tapestry 5.0.18.
- Improved: A few tweaks.
v3.19.1 (3 Dec 08)
- Fixed Create2: the Refresh button failed.
v3.19.0 (26 Nov 08)
- Upgraded to use the newly released Tapestry 5.0.17.
- Added "What Is Called And When" page.
- Improved Layout and a few other tweaks.
v3.18.0 (17 Nov 08)
- Upgraded to use the newly released Tapestry 5.0.16.
- Added AjaxFormLoop, Grid with Encoder, Sorted Grid, and LinkSubmit examples.
- Improved: ContextFixer removed because T5.0.16 makes it unnecessary.
- Improved: EventContext used, plus the usual tweaking of examples (esp. .
- Improved: The usual tweaking of examples (esp. replacing Event-Redirect-Render with simpler references to Redirect-After-Post).
v3.17.0 (4 Nov 08)
- Added Editable Loop, Encoders, and BeanEditor examples.
- Improved Editable Grid and Event Bubbling examples.
v3.16.2 (2 Nov 08)
- Fixed: Links to jumpstart reflect the new site location http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au .
v3.16.1 (2 Nov 08)
- Fixed: Modified AJAX example with a workaround for AJAX ActionLink exception if clicked as page loads.
v3.16.0 (12 Oct 08)
- New: Lots of examples - onActivate and OnPassivate, Create (Using BeanEditForm), Passing Data Between Pages, Return Types, Multiple Method Matches, Grid Model, Editable Grid, Event Bubbling, and Trigger New Event.
- Improved: Event-Redirect-Render simplified, Component EventRequest made redundant, several revised descriptions.
- Improved: Better formatting of Grid in Firefox 3 and BeanDisplay and IE 7.
v3.15.0 (28 Sep 08)
- Improved: Rearranged examples and added Multiple Submits and Multiple Forms.
v3.14.0 (27 Sep 08)
- New: Upgraded to use the newly released Tapestry 5.0.15.
- New: Merged Min and Max into one JumpStart.
- New: DateField's new format parameter is used throughout.
- New: Added date format preference and page style preference to User.
- New: Pages for user to choose their preferences and modify their account and password.
- New: Example of adding and removing columns in Grid.
- Fixed: 2nd page of Creating Translators showed incorrect field for "new to Java".
- Improved: Merged remainder of webapp branch into java branch to enable styled previews and easy navigation.
- Improved: General improvements to code, comments, and README files.
v3.13.0 Min (2 Sep 08)
- Improved: Better intro to setupRender(), onActivate() and onPasssivate(), and better use of them throughout.
- New: Examples of storing in a page (@Persist), and sharing across the application (services).
- New: A generic select model that stores and returns ids instead of whole objects.
- New: More complex behaviour in the app with new entities Role and UserRole. In future these will enable authorisation checking.
- Improved: Search screens use request parameters instead of activation context.
- Improved: Handling a Bad Context has replaced Persisting Through the Redirection. It's a sounder approach.
- New: Interfacing to EJB3 explained.
- New: Examples of handling associations, aggregation, and composition in the business layer and to a degree in the web layer.
- New: Business layer tests that cover every business exception class and entity relationships.
v3.12.0 Min (13 Aug 08)
- New: Upgraded to use the newly released Tapestry 5.0.14.
v3.11.0 Min (1 Aug 08)
- New: Creating validators and translators.
- New: Example of ApplicationState.
- New: How to return to previous page.
- Improved: Explanations (thanks, Howard).
- New: Demo mode, so jumpstart can be demonstrated with certain functions restricted.
v3.10.1 Min (12 Jul 08)
- Fixed: Misleading version number shown on LogIn screen.
v3.10.0 Min (12 Jul 08)
- Improved: Moved templates and properties to same location as their corresponding java (this breaks convention, but I have found no good reason to be jumping endlessly between the webapp/ and java/ sub-trees. "Give the web designers access to main/java/" says I!)
- Improved: re-implemented DateMidnightField and LocalDateField as wrappers around DateField.
- New: Links to Orientation, Tips, and Troubleshooting pages added to index page.
v3.9.0 Min (8 Jul 08)
- New: Styling links and submits.
- Improved: Revised all explanations and source.
v3.8.1 Min (1 Jul 08)
- Fixed: Corrected erroneous explanation of invisible instrumentation in Previewable Template example and split out a Component Annotation example.
v3.8.0 Min (23 Jun 08)
- Improved: Protected pages are now secured by an annotation instead of a super class.
- Improved: Clearer separation between examples and the app.
- Fixed: Exception in Create User page. Problem was caused by a change to handling of super class methods in 5.0.13.
- Fixed: The Ant script that creates fresh projects had stopped working.
v3.7.0 Min (17 Jun 08)
- New: Upgraded to use the newly released Tapestry 5.0.13.
v3.6.0 Min (1 May 08)
- New: Wizards: 3 styles explored: with form fragments, with components, and with separate pages.
- New: Conversations: implemented in the wizards to handle the Back and Reload buttons and sessions shared by new windows.
- New: Conversations List: shows your conversations and lets you jump to them.
- New: Session Display: see what objects are in your session.
- New: Autocomplete Mixin: an example.
- Improved: The Select component: new and better examples (including validation).
v3.5.3 Min (2 Apr 08)
- Fixed: Wrong project name in build.xml, and some System.out.println() lines remained.
v3.5.2 Min (2 Apr 08)
- Fixed: The Select component in CoreInputComponents still had a redundant blank option (since 5.0.11).
v3.5.1 Min (2 Apr 08)
- Fixed: Error in PreviewableTemplates and various comments in code.
v3.5.0 Min (1 Apr 08)
- New: Example of EventLink.
- New: Examples of Select.
- New: Examples of localization.
- Upgraded: Replaced Start page with Index as per changes in 5.0.11.
- Fixed: Existing Select components had a redundant blank option since 5.0.11.
v3.4.2 Min (19 Mar 08)
- Fixed: Update the link to t5components demo site because the site has moved.
v3.4.1 Min (18 Mar 08)
- New: Upgraded to use t5components 5.0.11, which was released today. Previously used 0.5.11-SNAPSHOT.
v3.4.0 Min (17 Mar 08)
- New: Upgraded to use Tapestry 5.0.11. Previously used 5.0.10.
- New: Example of combining components to create new components.
- Improved: Simplified the custom exception page example with 5.0.11's new ExceptionDisplay component.
v3.3.4 Min (8 Mar 08)
- Fixed: Corrected erroneous explanation of invisible instrumentation in Previewable Template example.
- Fixed: Replaced html and body elements of BoldItalicDisplay component with t:container.
- Improved: Minor code improvements including adding ids to a couple of forms and adding href="#" to some links.
v3.3.3 Min (27 Feb 08)
- Fixed: Wrong project name in build.xml.
v3.3.2 Min (27 Feb 08)
- Fixed: Editing a Person always displays a "Double Wow!!!" error, due to an erroneous extra line in PersonService.changePerson().
- Fixed: Exploder directory is not set to "derived" in its Eclipse properties, so Eclipse searches always include it.
v3.3.1 Min (22 Feb 08)
- Fixed: Database not updating. Caused by not renaming onValidateFromForm() everywhere to onValidateForm() (as per 5.0.10 changes).
- Improved: Updated links to use the Tapestry site's new components reference.
v3.3.0 Min (20 Feb 08)
- New: Upgraded to use Tapestry 5.0.10. Previously used 5.0.9. Based on v3.2.1 Min.
- Improved: Custom exception page handling.
v3.2.1 Min (20 Feb 08)
- Improved: Improved text.
- Fixed: Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed: README.txt in business/src/main/lib-compile should be in business/src/main/lib-provided.
v3.2.0 Min (5 Feb 08)
- Improved: Flatter structure for webapp.
- Improved: Comprehensive build files.
- New: Ant target to create a fresh project with your chosen paths, packages and application name.
- Fixed: Database data was missing for Joda Time example.
v3.1.2 Min (3 Feb 08)
- Fixed: Appearance in Firefox of Palette in CoreInputComponents' Pallette.
- Fixed: Build file project name and VERSION.text.
v3.1.0 Min (3 Feb 08)
- New: Upgraded to Tapestry 5.0.9.
- New: Examples of render requests and action requests.
- New: Examples of custom exception page, basic AJAX and joda-time.
- Improved: Applied best practice techniques to avoid @Persist("client"), based on this discussion.
- Improved: Simplified the paths by removing the "min" level from the folder and package hierarchy.
v3.0.0 Min (15 Jan 08)
- New: Upgraded to Tapestry 5.0.7.
- New: Previewability examples. JumpStart's templates made more previewable.
- Improved: Simplified business services locator.
- Improved: Compatability with IE 7.
v3.0.0 Min Preview 1 (14 Dec 07)
- New: Made for Tapestry 5.0.6.
- Improved: User password - stored in a separate table so that User can be detached and persisted in the client without creating a security risk.
v2.0.0 (16 Sep 07)
- New: Examples of Simple Edit, BeanForm, EJB3.
- New: Examples of Ajax, Localization, Joda Time, Custom Exception Page. (Max only)
- Improved: Moved Joda Time out of the Max app and into an example.
- Improved: Engine services example made clearer.
- Improved: Business exceptions hierarchy simplified.
- Fixed: BaseEntityAutoGenId.equals(...) was flawed. A better equals() is now in all entities.
- Fixed: Date pickers would reject all dates when the input format was set to use a 2-digit year.
- Improved: General code improvements.
v1.5.1 (2 Aug 07)
- Fixed: DateMidnightPicker not working in IE or Firefox. (Max 1.6)
- Fixed: Some search pages using the Table component (Max only) erroneously logged an error: "setId(java.lang.String) not found in jumpstart.max.business.domain.base.BaseEntity". Occurred with Windows JDKs but not OS X (strange). Solved by renaming BaseEntity's abstract method getId() to getIdForMessages(). (Applied same fix to Max and Min in 1.5 and 1.6).
v1.6.0 (23 Jul 07)
- New: Upgraded to Tapestry 4.1.2, using features only available from 4.1.2 onwards.
v1.5.0 (23 Jul 07)
- Improved: Adopted Maven-style project structure.
- Improved: Using an Ant builder to populate the exploded EAR file. Had been waiting on Eclipse to solve this in 3.3 without Ant, but 3.3 has arrived without it (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=127994).
- Improved: Selenium incorporated into the EAR. (Max) Previously used the "chrome" proxy, but changes to dojo have exposed weaknesses in this approach.
v1.4.1 (04 Jun 07)
- Improved: Enabled use of JBoss 4.2.0, which supports EJB3 natively. The changes are (1) in build.properties, replaced jboss-4.0.5.GA with jboss-4.2.0.GA, and (2) in build.xml, replaced log4j-1.2.8 with log4j-1.2.14.
- Fixed: Web test TestFrontPage was failing because it checked for v1.3, not v1.4, on the front page.
v1.4.0 (03 Jun 07)
- New: Borders example.
- New: Feedback link.
v1.3.1 (01 Jun 07)
- Fixed: The revision of engine services had not been updated in Min and had typos in Max.
v1.3.0 (01 Jun 07)
- New: Web Flow examples. Includes techniques for setting default focus and default button. (Max)
- Improved: Revised the explanation of engine services.
- Improved: Options are saved for the user.(Max)
v1.2 (08 May 07)
- New: The age-old web problem of duplicate submissions is addressed by two new
elements, replacing the old Synchronizer Token solution:
1. "Do It Once" components (SubmitOnce, DirectLinkOnce, etc.) prevent re-submission caused by multiple clicks. (Max)
2. Redirect-After-Post prevents re-submission caused by the user choosing Reload in their browser. (Max)
Examples demonstrate the old and new solutions in action. (Max)
- Improved: "client" persistence used wherever possible, with comments explaining each choice. (Min)
- Improved: "client:form" persistence used wherever possible, with comments explaining each choice. (Max)
- New: Tapestry 4.1.1 is supported, with a couple of caveats because Tapestry 4.1.1 was only a "preview" release and it has some notable bugs.
- Improved: Business service classes made even simpler to read than before.
v1.1 (12 Apr 07)
- New: More "getting started" examples, with source code displayed on the same web page.
- New: Appearance - two new looks, plus switchable CSS in Max.
- New: Friendly URLs in Max.
- Improved: Many code improvements to java, HTML, and CSS.
- Fixed: Race condition in FlowSynchronizer. The condition might only have occurred when disable-caching=true.
v1.0 (26 Mar 07)
- New: Over a dozen examples for getting started, with source code displayed on the same web page.
- New: In Max - Automated web page tests using Selenium. See Tips.
- Improved: Removed most .page files.
- Improved: Several small code improvements.
- Fixed: Duplicate Role error - occuring in Max when User has two or more Roles.
v0.9 (04 Feb 07)
- New: In Max - date formats are now tied to User. Create User and Edit My Profile pages modified accordingly.
- Improved: In Min - project stripped more bare to suit Tapestry beginners.
- Improved: Project structure, package structure, comments in code, and project tour all improved.
- Fixed: global.css contains some invalid/ignored elements.
v0.8 (08 Jan 07)
- New: Project tour added.
- Improved: Clearer project structure.
- Fixed: Unit tests fail when run by Eclipse rather than by Ant. See unit tests fix.
v0.7 (03 Dec 06)
- Improved: Less use of QueryBuilder class.
- Fixed: In Search Users in Min, displays [USER-FOUND-NONE] when it should display (No users found to display).
- Fixed: Removed @InjectComponent("password").
- Fixed: Unit tests fail when project is outside JBoss server. See unit tests fix.
v0.6 (15 Aug 06)
- Improved: Cleaner handling of flow synchronizer and callbacks stack.
- Improved: More consistency in message names.
- New: Current user id displayed in Border.
- New: Added Hello World to Max.
- Fixed: Potential for NullPointerException in BaseEntity.toStringLazy() .
- Fixed: Unit tests failing to locate business services. Looking up jumpstart instead of jumpstart-max.
v0.5 (31 July 06)
- New: JumpStart split into 2 versions - Min and Max.
v0.4 (16 July 06)
- New: Visit moved from .application file to hivemodule.xml.
- New: Global renamed to ServicesLocator and moved from .application file to hivemodule.xml.
- New: WebEngine made redundant and deleted.
- Fixed: MyProfileEditPage. Error in html.
v0.3 (11 July 06)
- New: Table component used in all search screens, giving pagination and sorting.
- New: User can modify own profile.
- New: Password change and reset pages.
- Fixed: Security vulnerability. Login is possible without knowing a password simply by using
a browser that has previously been logged in, then using Back button to go back
to first screen after login and pressing Refresh. The login info will be re-posted.
With thanks to Bernard Lange and Petter Mahlen.
- Fixed: Tapestry error page is being displayed when user accesses a login-protected page
while not logged. Go to Login page instead.
With thanks to Bernard Lange.
- Fixed: Cursor not positioning correctly for server-side validation error.
New and Fixed in v0.2 (01 July 06)
- New: Better exception handling and simpler message files.
- New: Included the unit tests.
- Fixed: Duplicate key misreported when using HSQLDB.